February 13, 2008

Maple Glazed Walnuts

Today I learned that I have a new favorite snack for the time being, thanks to Ellie Krieger of the Food Network. Maple Glazed Walnuts nuts are yummy and so easy to make!! The first time I used this recipe I didn't even have any walnuts in the house so I used hazelnuts instead, they were still great. So feel free to use anything you want, pecans and cashews would be another great addition. Best of all, it only takes about 5 minutes to make this. Here's the recipe!

2 cups walnut halves (unsalted & not roasted)
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/8 teaspoon salt

Preheat a dry skillet over a medium-high heat. Add the walnuts, maple syrup and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until syrup is caramelized and nuts are toasted, about 3 minutes. Let cool.

What did you learn today?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's my girl!!!!

Emma said...

yummmmmmmmmmm.......i like adding spicyness to them too, scrumptious. but seriously, have you not learned anything since Feb 13? C'mon Manda! Entertain me!